Definitions of Dance on the Web:
Dance (from French dancier, perhaps from Frankish) generally refers to movement used as a form of expression, social interaction or presented in a spiritual or performance setting. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance
- an artistic form of nonverbal communication
- move in a graceful and rhythmical way; "The young girl danced into the room"
- a party of people assembled for dancing
- dancing: taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
- move in a pattern; usually to musical accompaniment; do or perform a dance; "My husband and I like to dance at home to the radio"
- a party for social dancing
Dance as a musical form is a smaller musical composition intended for the presentation of dance. It can be used as an accompaniment for actual dance, but its main purpose is music as such.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance (musical form)